We have entered the time of New Moon in Scorpio, which allows us to tap deeply into the energies of water, emotional healing, and the deeper more hidden aspects of our emotions and psyches. Occurring right after Samhain, this New Moon is also known as Lunar Samhain. The days are growing shorter as we approach Winter Solstice, and everything around us seems to be calling us to go inward and reflect.
Scorpio energy is very strong in its ability to bring shadow aspects up for acknowledgment and to shine light on them. Now is a good time to feel out where you may be projecting thoughts, emotions, or feelings such as anger, jealousy, or unresolved childhood issues. This is also a time where issues surrounding "leadership" can come to the forefront - particularly issues regarding those that we feel we should be able to count on to truly lead us toward where we feel will be a "better place". This boils down to leadership within all arenas, the political, the spiritual, the parental, and so forth.
Scorpio is a strong contender energy in supplying and evoking creative/sexual energy. Tapping deeply into your own creativity and fine tuning this energy to tackle creative projects that have been simmering for a good while would be very beneficial right now. Also, doing some internal work to take a close look at your thoughts and views toward leadership - and how you can begin to take steps toward acknowledging the true Leader within and begin taking reverent responsibility for your own creation of life's circumstances. Fine tune the essence of where you may have given your power away at any point in your life, and do the necessary work to heal and reclaim that power so that once we begin to move out of this beautiful 'silence', forward movement can be made in great strides toward healing and harnessing the Light in a more potent fashion.
Here are some tips and suggestions for working with this Scorpio New Moon energy:
Remember to be gentle with yourself right now, but hold a strong vision for what you wish to see take place within your entire body/mind/spirit system, your life and those closest to you, and the global community as a whole. Now is the time to get as real with ourselves as we can get, and visualize, move, and breathe our deepest heart's desires into fruition. Always remember your Soul's true potential. We are all so much more than we have allowed ourselves to believe. Let us REMEMBER.
Deep peace of the running wave to you.
Deep peace of the flowing air to you.
Deep peace of the quiet earth to you.
Deep peace of the shining stars to you.
Deep peace of the infinite peace to you.
This is some fabulous information I have come across regarding the decalcifying and cleansing of the pineal gland, which is ultimately linked directly to the "third eye". So often I have heard people say in frustration that they wish to "see more clearly", or to have the experiences and dreams in a way that they once used to.
Good news ... there is something you can do.
There are many things you can do!
It takes some due diligence, but if you are committed and prepared, I have adapted some information from the following article (author unknown) as it holds some great ideas to get the Pineal ball rolling! ---
--- This pineal gland is activated by light, and it controls the various bio-rhythms of the body. It works in harmony with the hypothalamus gland which directs the body’s thirst, hunger, sexual desire and the biological clock that determines our aging process. When it awakens, one feels a pressure at the base of the brain. To activate the ‘third eye’ is to raise one’s frequency and moving into higher consciousness – all is a consciousness experience perceived through the Eye of Time or Third Eye.
While the physiological function of the pineal gland has been unknown until recent times, mystical traditions and esoteric schools have long known this area in the middle of the brain to be the connecting link between the physical and spiritual worlds. Considered the most powerful and highest source of ethereal energy available to humans, the pineal gland has been seen as a gateway that leads within to inner realms and spaces of higher consciousness. Meditation, Visualization Yoga, and all forms of Out of Body travel, open the Third Eye and allow you to ‘see’ beyond the physical.
Calcification of the Pineal Gland:
Most people’s pineal glands are heavily calcified by the time they are 17 years old, so much so that they show up as a lump of calcium during an MRI. Calcification is the build up of calcium phosphate crystals in various parts of the body.
The pineal gland begins to calcify due to the harmful effects of artificial substances such as flouride chemicals found in public water systems and toothpaste, hormones and additives put into processed foods and sugars and artificial sweeteners dumped into soft drinks. Cell phones are also being pinpointed as being harmful to the pineal gland due to high concentrations of radiation.
Benefits of Detoxifying and Activating Your Pineal Gland:
Detoxification and Activation of the third eye can bring vast improvements of our life. An open third eye brings clarity, concentration, perspicuity, bliss, intuition, decisiveness and insight as well as:
- Vivid dreams, lucid dreams, better sleep, enhanced imagination, seeing energy, and seeing with eyes closed.
- Clear channels and ability to feel energy.
A closed third eye or “Ajna Chakra” in Hindu tradition brings with it confusion, uncertainty, cynicism, pessimism, jealousy, envy and one sidedness.
How To Decalcify Your Pineal Gland:
The idea of having a calcified pineal gland can be likened to a door being glued shut. Although the pathway is unable to be used while it is glued shut, it is still a doorway never the less! With constant pushing the door will eventually break open. Below you’ll find what are said to be some of the best ways to decalcify your third eye (The * indicates that they should be taken with at least one of the other things mentioned for full effect.):
- Avoid all things fluoride: Tap water, cooking with tap water, fluoridated toothpaste, inorganic fruits and vegetables, showers with out filter, red meat, and any sodas and artificial food and drinks. I know how difficult it can be to stick to only organic fruit and vegetable but it is important to start where you are and begin to make those changes where it is possible.
- Pineal gland detoxifiers and stimulants: Chlorella Spirulina, blue-green algae, Iodine, Zeolite, ginseng, borax, D3, Bentonite clay, chlorophyll, blue skate liver oil.
- Foods: raw cacao, goji berries, cilantro, watermelon, bananas, Honey, Coconut Oil, hemp seeds, seaweed, and noni juice.
- Essentials oils can be used to help stimulate the Pineal Gland and facilitate states of spiritual awareness, meditation, astral projection, etc. Good essential oils for Pineal Gland purposes include: Lavender, Sandalwood, Frankincense, Parsley, Davana, Pine, Pink Lotus, and Mugwort (excess use of Mugwort has a neurotoxin effect if inhaled directly, so be careful!). Essential oils can be inhaled directly, burned in a diffuser or nebulizer, and added to bath water.
- Citric acid (LOTS of lemons* will work.)
- Garlic* (Take about half a bulb a day or more for a while, if you crush it and soak in raw apple cider vinegar or fresh lemon juice it will deodorize it. Use the leftover vinegar or lemon juice on a salad. Personally, I drink it all down.)
- Raw apple cider vinegar* (Contains malic acid. Take a lot of it. Make sure it’s raw, as that is very important. Braggs is the best brand) Everyday I fill a 1 Quart Mason jar with Ionized Alkaline water, 8 tablespoons of Bragg’s Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 tablespoons of raw, local honey. This has so many benefits aside from the pineal gland!
- Sungazing (Gazing at the sun during the first 15 minutes of sunrise and last 15 minutes of sunset will do wonders for your pineal gland)
-Regular Meditation and Chanting. Chanting causes the tetrahedron bone in the nose to resonate and this resonance causes the Pineal Gland to be stimulated and when it is stimulated it secretes more beneficial hormones, and remember: these beneficial hormones keep your appearance youthful. The sound “OM” resonates with the Fourth Chakra, known as the Heart Center, the seat of Unconditional Love. Chanting OM opens you up to Universal and cosmic awareness. You can chant up to 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or however long you desire to.
- Crystals that benefit the Pineal Gland include: Amethyst (wand), Laser Quartz (wand), Moonstone, Pietersite, Purple Sapphire, Purple Violet Tourmaline, Rhodonite, Rose Aura, and Sodalite. However, any indigo, violet, or dark purple gemstone or crystal can be used to stimulate the Pineal Gland and open/balance/align the 6th and 7th Chakras. Placed directly on the 3rd eye or brow chakra for 15-30 minutes a day or every other day will help to open/balance/align the 3rd Eye (Brow) chakra and prevent/remove calcification of the gland. The best exercise for Pineal Gland stimulation and health is to take an amethyst obelisk crystal or an amethyst wand, point it at the 3rd eye (point of the wand should touch your skin) and look up directly at the Sun with your eyes closed. Do this everyday or whenever you feel like it for about 5-10 minutes. The Sun’s rays will penetrate through the base part of the obelisk or the end part of an amethyst wand and beam directly into the Pineal Gland stimulating it. You can also use the Laser Quartz (wand) as well. Quartz crystal benefits every single chakra.
(**Sidenote: the above info should be used with personal discretion. Some stones will be more beneficial than others, dependent upon the individual. It is not always a good idea to use stones and crystals directly upon the body and/or energy centers as it could be more intense than you are prepared for. If you already have stones that work well with you, this is a good place to start.)
- Magnets. Attaching a magnet (that sticks by adhesive) to the part of your skin above your 3rd eye (located between your two physical eyes but slightly higher or slightly above the eyes) for a few hours throughout the day will also stimulate the Pineal Gland and help to decalcify it. Magnets cause the body to become alkaline, especially the part of the body where the magnet is attached. Any strength (gauss) magnet will work, but only use magnets on the head area during waking hours. The energy from the sun will magnify the strength of the magnet’s effect on the Pineal Gland.
It is no secret that across humanity's rich history, people have been drawn rather powerfully to gemstones and crystals. And it is also no secret that these amazing stone beings are among the most beloved treasures of the Earth herself.
It is more than just their beauty that attracts people to them - it is the radiant Life Force that these stones and crystals contain within them to which people are instinctively drawn.
Crystals, and particularly Quartz, may help one to become more balanced. The more balanced one is, the more Life Force can flow freely through them. Not only can stones and crystals contain Life Force, but they can also transform it into gemstone energy.
This increased flow of energy will create even greater balance, which in turn brings more Life Force to the individual, resulting in less room for disease . . . it is a beautiful alchemic cycle of healing. As stones and crystals loosen stuck energies and movement is freed, this additional energy nourishes, balances, and aligns the inner aspects of mind, memory, and emotions.
My approach to Crystal Healing is one of developing an intimate relationship with the stones, in order to tune in to the consciousness of the stone and work with it more effectively. Crystals and stones are very powerful teachers and energy oscillators and need to be worked with consciously and lovingly.
Using these teachers as our examples, we can see that it is possible for form to manifest Light, for every atom to oscillate at a common frequency, and for every molecule to order itself into perfect alignment. Thusly, it is possible for us to align every fiber of our bodies to this common source.
Each session is unique to the individual. Along with intuitive guidance, stones and crystals are selected according to size, shape, colour and mineral content. These healings may have you develop or build upon your own heart-based intuition, inner knowing, and relationship with stones, heightening awareness and personal healing abilities.
Welcome! Thank you for visiting my blog space. In this place, I will share writings of my own, along with other events and musings from the world of Movement Medicine, Dance Therapy, Yoga and Shamanic Healing.